Whether you are looking for an emergency repair of your appliance or Annual maintenance or inspection, our service will provide you Peace of Mind.
Our 13 point annual inspection consists of the following services.
1. Clean appliance.
2. Test ignition system for safe and proper operation
3. Test safety and control circuits for proper operation
4. Inspect and adjust fan belt tension (if applicable)
5. Check and measure millivolt system
6. Inspect for combustible materials around furnace
7. Brush and clean the Burner
8. Test Burner flame for proper burn mechanism
9. Clean existing filter
12. Measure and adjust gas pressure for peak efficiency
11. Tighten and inspect all electrical wiring
12. Test for natural gas leaks
13 Clean Furnace/Boiler exterior (if applicable)
Call us now at 778-837-6455 to book an appointment.
What is Carbon Monoxide (CO) POISONING?
Carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning occurs after too much inhalation of carbon Monoxide gas (CO). Carbon monoxide is a toxic (poisonous) gas, but, being colourless, odourless, tasteless, and initially non-irritating, it is very difficult for people to detect.
Carbon monoxide is a product of incomplete combustion of Gas mainly due to insufficient Oxygen supply. Exposure at 100 ppm or greater can be dangerous to human health.
Symptoms include light-headedness, confusion, headache, and flu-like effects. Larger exposures can lead to significant toxicity of the Central Nervous system or death.
A gas safety officer conducted an assessment of a residence after BC Safety Authority was notified about a gas fireplace operating incorrectly. The assessment found a gas-fired fireplace producing high levels of carbon monoxide in the home.
The resulting investigation found a number of issues with the fireplace, including an incorrect and broken log set and a damaged glass seal. The log set was not original to the fireplace and covered the burner openings. This caused soot build up and produced elevated levels of carbon monoxide. The front glass panel was not properly sealed, allowing the products of combustion to escape from the unit into the home.